The Benefits of Using Puppets
Updated: Jul 6
Puppets can be used to:
Discuss sensitive topics (abuse, racism, etc.)
- Puppets can be used to act out difficult scenarios followed by a discussion that supports understanding of sensitive topics.
Encourage imagination and creativity
- Children can create stories with puppets. Children can also retell books with puppets which supports comprehension.
Improve communication and language
- Using puppets to model greetings and conversations to support language development. The puppet can also model etiquette and manners.
Support eye-hand coordination
- Controlling and manipulating puppets allows children to improve in eye-hand coordination and gross motor skills
Social and emotional development
- Children can use puppets to express their feelings through the puppet. They can also use puppets to socialize with their peers which supports social development.
Here are multi-cultural puppets that I will be using in my Pre-K classroom to teach equality.